EPUAP focus meeting in Berlin, 2016
The EPUAP Focus Meeting is a relatively new initiative aimed at exchanging knowledge among scientists, clinicians, R&D and industry in regard to the latest developments in special areas of pressure ulcer research and practice. The focus meeting is intended to give room for in-depths discussion about special topics, to identify knowledge and technological gaps, as well as clinical needs in the pressure ulcer field and establish a platform of discussion for academia and industry.
Why attend the Focus Meeting?
- Receive an overview of current research and development trends in academia in regard to a spectrum of knowledge and technologies in the pressure ulcer field.
- Receive an overview of current trends in commercialized technology in the pressure ulcer field as well as of needs and technological gaps identified by the industry.
- Opportunities for commercialization of inventions and technologies which are still at the research lab phase.
- Obtain an overview of the state-of-the-art in pressure ulcer prevention and treatment technology which is currently being developed at research labs internationally in the academia.
- Scientists and companies have opportunities for to work together towards commercialization of technologies – starting at an early stage of development of the technology – and in particular, to jointly shape the course of R&D so that it meets true clinical needs and bridges actual gaps which have been identified by the industry.
- It is an appropriate environment for informal discussions that encourages follow-up contacts between scientists and companies such as for development of technologies, consultation projects for companies etc.
The 3rd Focus Meeting will focus on The Role of Skin and Tissue Maturation and Aging in Pressure Ulcer Research and Practice. We are looking forward to seeing you in Berlin!